MY EXPERIENCES WITH GENERAL CELLULAR AND NEURAL CELLULAR PATHOLOGY IN A CASE BASED BLENDED LEARNING ECOSYSTEM'S CBBLE



Greetings, 

I am P. Sri Chandana final year MBBS part 2 medical student from India .
In this blog, I aim to briefly discuss some interesting cases that I have come across so far in my undergraduate program.

I would like to thank my seniors and my professors for giving me this opportunity, for nicely guiding and teaching me the concepts on how to handle a patient and how to communicate.
 Without their contributions, I wouldn’t be where I am today and now I’m happy that I’m learning in the most effective way possible.

NOTE: THIS IS AN ONLINE E LOGBOOK TO DISCUSS OUR PATIENT'S DE-IDENTIFIED HEALTH DATA SHARED AFTER TAKING HIS/HER GUARDIAN'S SIGNED INFORMED CONSENT. HERE WE DISCUSS OUR INDIVIDUAL PATIENT'S PROBLEMS THROUGH A SERIES OF INPUTS FROM THE AVAILABLE GLOBAL ONLINE COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS INTENDING TO SOLVE THOSE CLINICAL PROBLEMS WITH COLLECTIVE CURRENT BEST EVIDENCE-BASED INPUT.


I remember my first general medicine posting, the very first day where I went to the medicine ward and had my very first interaction with a patient.

I briefly recall my case of a 65 year old male came admitted in hospital  for regular daislysis .
The patient came with the chief complaints of facial puffiness, pedal oedema and shortness of breath.

On further, while I was talking to the patient he told that he did not experience any such symptoms 2 years back and then he suddenly developed fever and generalised weakness for which he came to our OPD.

Later on examination and investigations he was diagnosed with Hypertension and renal failure and the respective medicine was given. After A year he stopped the medication and developed some symptoms like fever, cough, loss of appetite, oliguria.

On revisiting he was diagnosed with complete renal failure and suggested to get dialysis done.

Case link:



This was the very first time interacting with a patient and I felt mixture of feelings which I will never stop appreciating. I was so stunned that these patients had to travel many miles to reach here and to get the proper treatment. And I also felt sad that they were suffering a lot for their own health.
This is something we’ll only understand by actually interacting with the patient which is possible because of my seniors and my professors.


This is my another case where I got to know much more about the situation than I used to and I was completely impressed and thankful for my professors for helping me understand this.

Case link:


A 64 yr old male patient came to casuality with chief complaints of drowsiness, Confusion in the afternoon after he came from work.

The diagnosis of the above case was starvation/ alcoholic keto acidosis.
I realised the significance of formulating the comprehensive treatment plan tailored to his specific needs. It was essential to address his problem, enhance his quality of life.
And this is something I never would’ve guessed or expected to know if it wasn’t for my seniors and professors.
It’s so nice and shocking that how one good teacher can change everything in a very good way and actually show the most interest in teaching students to help learn and achieve everything.

I genuinely thank everyone for building such great confidence in me and making me a better learner.


SWOT analysis:
 Strengths:
-Patients feel reassured.
-can directly contact patient and know the exact situation.

Weaknesses:
-since they come from long distance there is some language problem.
-hesitance of patient to share details.

Opportunities:
-patient is educated accordingly.
-it helps medical students to relate to the everyday life.

Threats:
-lack of participation.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GENERAL MEDICINE ASSESSMENT

A 60 yr old housewife with h/o Hypocalcemia, Hypokalemia and renal stone complaining of developing nearsightedness

A 60 y/o female with SOB and cough